Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 21 Official Challenge 02/05/12

Today was my free day. I took full advantage of it since it was the Superbowl. I have to tell you right now, I am NOT going to do that again!

I am sitting here writing this and I feel so horrible I cannot believe it. What is crazy is that this is pretty much how I used to feel most of the time. I think I became so accustomed to feeling this way that I just did not notice it anymore.

It is amazing what effect food can have on the body. I feel lethargic, restless and my stomach feels nauseous. Today I ate pizza, chips, soda and cheesecake. I believe my body is very mad at me for what I have done to it.


As bad as I feel though, I think it was good for me to do this and remind myself of how I used to feel. I believe that once you start feeling really good after feeling so lousy for a long period you begin to forget how you felt and forget what got you to the point of feeling good again. It can easily become acceptable to you to have just 2 slices of pizza. You forget that 1 soda will lead to 2 more, then 2 and all of a sudden before you realize it, your back to where you were.

I do not want to go back to being that person again. I want to be healthy and I am getting there through some hard work and patience. I do not intend to let go of it.

This is the mindset you have to posses to get over whatever barriers are in the way. If you do not have this mindset, you have to create it. One great way to create it is to add more healthy things into your life slowly and look at the benefits for yourself.

That is what I am doing with this challenge. If this works, great, I will continue to do it. If I find that some of it works but some of it needs to be tweaked a bit for me, I will do that. This is the reason I am keeping a chronological history as I do this.

I also want to show how anyone can make a change in their life. It takes a decision and dedication to it. Only change one thing at a time if that makes it easier. I am not someone that is always this driven or dedicated about anything. At least it has not been this way for the last 12 years. Otherwise I would not be in the shape I am in.

So I hope to inspire people to take back control of their life, starting with getting healthy and fit and eating right. It does not take some special diet. It takes eating the right amounts of the correct food. It takes working out, both cardiovascular and strength training. It is not complicated.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment