Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 23 Official Challenge 02/07/12


I have often wondered at what makes me desire to do some things and be able to push through whatever barriers come my way and some things, not so much.

I have found that with this program this time I have a burning desire to transform this machine into something healthy, energetic and alive. What changed for me this time?


I earlier posted about my wife bringing up that we should start eating healthy and get back into shape at the start of the New Year. It seems that was the original starting point for me and I realized today what is different this time.

My decision was so strong and so definite and positive that it has carried me from December 21st of 2011 to February 7th 2012. No barriers that I have run into have tainted my desire or made me wonder if I could do this or not. While I have changed my direction and approach from time to time, the forward progress has not changed.

In fact, the barriers I have hit only served to make me push even harder to stick this one out to the end and beyond. I will get into this more in a moment; here is how the day played out:

Exercise:

·         Three mile fast paced walk

Nutrition:

·         M1: 8 oz chicken breast, medium sweet potato and 1 cup of steamed broccoli (no cheese)
·         M2: 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 orange
·         M3: (pre-walk) 1 banana
·         M4: 8 oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice and 1 cup of raw spinach
·         M5: EAS Protein shake with 1 cup frozen strawberries, ½ cup almond milk and 1 cup of water (I am trying this out as the almond milk seems too heavy)
·         M6: 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 orange

The decision really is the first step. I am not talking about a shaky, “Maybe I will do this” type of decision. It has to be very real to you that you ARE going to do this program and you ARE going to make a healthy change in your life, start exercising and get in shape.

You do not have to become a professional athlete, but you had better think like it to really make a transformation.

I am now almost 4 weeks into this program and I have some experience now in how this thing is rolling out. It is helpful that I have had quite a bit of experience in nutrition and exercise from the past as well. It is not enough to know some information about something like this and not actually DO anything with it.

Just remember a few things here:

1.       You CAN make the decision
2.       You CAN do the work it requires to get it done
3.       You CAN make the transformation
4.       You CAN be the best you that you can be

That is all for tonight. Have a great day tomorrow and keep to your goals, whatever they may be.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment