Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 12: Official Challenge 01/27/12

Today was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing for the most part.

I could not get to sleep last night so I ended up sleeping longer than I wanted to this morning, although not long enough to make up for the lost sleep.

I did not feel like working out today. Today is my lower body workout day and it invariably becomes a "rough" day for feeling like exercising. However, even though I did not do it until the afternoon, I made myself push through it. It was a really intense workout too.


Workout today was Hamstrings, Calves, Quads and Abs.

Nutrition:
M1: 90% lean hamburger on whole wheat, 1 baked potato with salsa and 1 banana
M2: Cliff Bar
M3: 6 ounces of top sirloin as stirfry with green peppers, broccoli and salad with iceburg lettuce and tomato
M4: Handful of peanuts
M5: Will be an EAS protein shake

Yesterday I began exploring the internet for information about becoming a personal trainer. I had that goal early in this life to become a personal trainer but never pursued it as other things kept coming up to block me.

Now that I have decided to begin living a healthy lifestyle and I could present myself as a healthy individual, I want to give this a shot. I have a lot of information regarding fitness and health that I have come across over the years. Now I want to put all that together and see where it could lead me.

I am not going to get officially certified right away. For one thing I don't have the money at the moment for some of the expensive courses that are being offered out there. When I do, I will get certified.

In the meantime, I did find a website that offers a free 300 page book that is a professional texbook. It includes an exam written to NCCA Accreditiation Standards. However, it is not yet recognized by NCCA. Supposedly they are on the last step of making that happen.

However, since the book is free I thought I would at least download it and read it. Since I have never looked at all the material that a personal trainer would need to know in one place at one time, it seems to be a good beginning. I have some time since I would not even think about doing personal training in my current state of health. So, I will study up while I am applying the material to myself at the same time. It gives me another goal to go for as well and I am pretty excited about it.

I feel like I am in a good place with my life right now. I know what direction I am going in and how to get there. I want to involve more people that are in my life with it. I would like to inspire them to join me and perhaps create a little group with me as the leader. I have thought of perhaps taking on a friend or associate for free when I am ready to get into doing some personal training with someone. It would be a good experience for me at least.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings for the night. Tomorrow is a new day and I would not put it past me to wake feeling different mentally about everything than I do right now.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment