Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 10: Official Challenge 01/25/12


It has been quite a busy day for me today. I am so glad I decided to start working out in the mornings. I don't think I would have gotten it done today if not.

Besides that, I actually did not feel at all like working out this morning. I kept giving myself excuses and trying to convince myself that I didn't need to and is all this really worth it?

However, I reviewed my goals and looked through my success journal again and renewed my desire and want for this. I did my workout and I am much happier that I did get through it. I even hit some new high points on the reps.


Exercise today:

Upper Body: Chest, Shoulders, Back, Triceps and Biceps on the BFL routine.

Nutrition:
M1: Egg Enchilada (EFL recipe)
M2: 8 ounces hamburger on whole wheat bread with homemade "fries".
M3: Tuna Helper- Broccoli
M4: Cliff Protein Bar
M5: (will be) EAS Protein shake

I got up a little late this morning so my meals are thrown off a bit. I don't think I will get 6 in today.

I still feel a bit frustrated looking at my body these last few days. While I feel better more often, I am so sick and tired of being overweight and out of shape and I am ready to just wake up tomorrow morning and find that magically, somehow, I am 50 pounds lighter with a toned body, I am not really a smoker anymore and don't have to go through withdrawal symptoms and everything is perfect. Wouldn't that be nice?

I am starting to think that the smoking habit has to be confronted soon. I still feel very out of breath when I do cardio work and it doesn't really seem to be improving with doing the exercise. I have no idea how long it should take to notice improvement but I feel like continuing to smoke is just taking the gain that I get from cardio and increasing my lung capacity away faster than I can overcome it.  Yet, I don't think I am ready to confront quitting just yet in the current frame of mind that I am in. Attempting to quit in the past has been REALLY hard for me. I mean downright tortuous. I never made it beyond 24 hours in the last 8 years and I am a pack a day smoker.

Anyway, I am not giving up and I am not writing any of this tonight to give the impression that I feel I am failing. I know I am not. I know I am on the right path. I am just having "one of those days" and I know it will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment