Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 16: Official Challenge 01/31/12

Today I decided to go for a fast paced walk routine for my cardio instead of the bike. I took my phone with my nifty Endomondo app to track my speed and calories.

While it showed I did not burn as many calories as I do on the bike, the workout did get me almost out of breath and the muscles over my shins were burning from the pace. So, overall it was pretty good but not really as intense as I would have liked. However, I think I need to build up more by doing this first before I get into jogging too much.


I also called a friend of mine today that ran a 1/2 marathon this past weekend. We may start training together. He gave me some tips on training for the cardio side and invited me to join him on March 11th for the next 5K and 1/2 marathon that is going on in our area. He suggested I use it as a challenge and something to train for.  I am going to do it as I figure, worse case scenario I can walk for part of the 5K if I can't make it all the way just yet. I am getting a bit more excited about it as I write this as well.

Also, I had someone text me today that is giving away a stationary bike. All I have to do is go over and pick it up tonight. My workout room is starting to shape up. (no pun intended... or was it?)

I was talking with my wife earlier today as my birthday is coming up in February. I want to put together a nice weight bench and sufficient weights to really start working out with. I think between all the different family members that get me birthday gifts I can actually put one together. I am potentially excited about that!

Nutrition is going pretty good. I have pretty much quite counting my calories but I am sticking to the portions method. I am keeping sugar out of my eating as much as possible. I felt pretty energetic today so I must be doing something right!

That is all for tonight.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment