Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 14: Official Challenge 01/29/12

Tomorrow starts a new week. It will be the third week of this challenge for me.

I spent some time today setting up the extra room in the house to be the official workout room. Up until now it has been a junk room with random boxes and what not lying around. Now it is my "transformation zone". I am going to try and take some photos tomorrow and post them. I think I am going to like it in there. Is sure is at least nice to have more space in my home office now.


I was thinking a bit today about how I feel regarding the program overall. At first I thought that I was growing weary of it and now it is becoming boring. However, after some reflection, I don't think that is it at all.

I believe I have overcome the difficulty I experienced early on regarding being able to get in the new method of eating and adding in exercise. I think now it is just part of what I do. It seems to have come too fast for what I expected.

I found myself today ready to sit down and figure out the week and what am I going to do, etc. However, it only took like 10 minutes to have everything prepared. I don't have to figure out what I am going to eat for the week as I already pretty much know. I wrote it all down in my success journal and I am done.

I posted in an earlier blog that I think I had to take some time for myself when the new year began. Since January 2nd I have been pretty selfish. I am not saying that I feel bad about that or anything. I feel it was needed and long overdue. It was time to stop and breath and focus on me for a bit.

My work life suffered a little bit, but not horribly. Being pretty much my own boss and working from home requires a lot of discipline and organization. I dropped a lot of things I had been doing that were successful to take the time out for myself. I rearranged my schedule and focused on me.

I am through that stage now. I have created a new schedule that includes time for me to get in my daily exercise routine and continue to eat healthy throughout the day. My work began picking up quite a bit last week and that I realized was because I am through the me stage and ready to focus on other aspects of my life while still being able to maintain what I have built up for myself.

It's a good, calm and secure feeling. I know I am going to make this. It isn't about the 18 week challenge. This new lifestyle is just that- a new lifestyle. I am not even particularly paying attention to the week I am on other than to continue to chronicle my journey through the full 18 weeks, since that is where it began and I would not drop out a successful action that is working for me.

So, with that all behind me, it is now time to become who I know I can really be. A very successful person that does not have to count my money out each week very carefully to make sure I will be able to eat the rest of the week, have enough money for gas, etc. I am ready to be beyond that part of my life too.

So, hello to the new week and what adventures may you bring.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment